- Category: Ahl al-Bayt
- Written by Editorial
- Hits: 4959
66. “Know that their friends are those who have achieved firm faith, and they have never doubted. (The Chambers: 49/15).
67. Know that the Imam’s friends are these who shall enter Paradise in peace, in great security, and the Angels will move humbly to their encounter to greet them thus: ‘Peace upon you! You are purified, so then enter forever into Paradise!’ (The Rocky Tract: 15/46).
68. Know that Paradise is the reward of their friends, where they shall receive extra provision. (The Believer: 40/40).
69. Know that their enemies will enter the Fire, (The Woman: 4/10),
70. and will hear the moaning and groaning flames, while the infernal Flames roars and blazes; they will hear afflicting horrible cries. (The Kingdom: 67/7).
71. Know that God has stated about their enemies, ‘Every time, when a nation enters the Fire, it will curse its own kind,’ as the Qur’an says, ‘Until when they have all caught up with one another, the last ones will say about the first ones: Lord, these (people) have misled us, so give them double chastisement from the Fire!’ [O Prophet,] say: ‘Each will have double, but you do not realize it.’ (The Heights: 7/38).
72. Know that the enemies of the Imams are those about whom God has stated as this: ‘When a group of them is cast into Fire, the Hell keepers, will ask them: "Did a Warner not come to you?" They will reply: ‘yes indeed, a Warner came to us, but we denied any of them, saying: “God has not revealed you anything and you are in a gross error.’” Then they say: ‘Had we listened to their advice and used our reason, we would have not been among the inhabitants of this Hell!’
After confessing their sins, it will be said to them: ‘So away with the abiders of the blazing Fire!’ (The Kingdom: 67/8-11).
73. Know that their friends fear their Lord in secret, thus, there will be immense reward for them. (The Kingdom: 67/12).
74. O people! How great is the gap between the Fire, and the great reward!
75. O people! God has damned and degraded our enemies but, He loves and praises our [close] friends.
76. O people! Know that I am here to warn you, and Ali is the man who will guide you!
77. Know that, I am a Warner and Ali is a Guide.
78. O people! Know that I am a Messenger, and Ali is my immediate successor.
79. O people! Know that I am the Messenger, and Ali is, after I am gone, my successor, and the holy Imams following him, his descendants are all of them.
And let it be known that I am their father, and they are Ali’s lineage, one after another!”
80. “Know that the last Imam, Mahdi, the Upright, is from us,
He shall dominate over the entire religions.
Lo! As he shall take revenge from the oppressors, therefore,
he is the victorious destroyer of the castles!
Lo! He is the conqueror of all the-lack-of-religion, and their Guide!
81. Lo! He takes revenge for blood shed from the men of God!
Lo! He will assist the religion of God!
82. Know that, upon great measure, he shall seize [the Divine Knowledge] from the deep sea!
Know that! He shall reward every well-informed, by measure of his knowledge, and does so with the uninformed, by the measure of his ignorance!
Lo! He is great, and has been chosen by God!
Lo! He is the heir of all Knowledge, and he seizes upon all comprehension.
83. Know that he breaks the news from His God, and elevates the Divine Verses [in proud]!
Know that he is upright and pride.
Lo! It is he that the entire authorities have been given to.
84. Lo! All ‘bygones’ had foretold of his "Revelation".
85. Lo! It is he who shall remain as an irrefutable Proof, for there will be, after him, not any proof. Faith and honesty, and light and glint are with him only.
86. Know that no one could defeat him, and those who are facing him, won’t be assisted.
Know that! He is the representative of God on Earth, so is he the Judge among His creatures, and he is the Honest Trustee of His over the hidden and manifest.”
87. “O people! I have illuminated you of God’s Meaning, and made you comprehend everything, and after I am gone, it is Ali’s duty to make you know [how to do your duty].
88. Now, after my sermon is ended, I shall invite you, as a sign of your faithfulness, to shake my hand, then Ali’s hand, as a sign of surrendering to him and accepting his ‘Leadership’!
89. Know that I have sworn with God an allegiance and Ali has sworn with me an allegiance; and now, on behalf of God the Mighty, Majestic [Himself], I shall ask for your allegiance with Ali:
“[O Messenger!] For sure, those who swear allegiance with you, in fact, they swear allegiance with God: God's Hand is above their hands; for any person, who breaks his oath, he does harm to his own soul; and anyone who fulfills his oath with God, he will be bestowed a great reward by God.’"
90. “O people! Pilgrimage to the House or visiting it is among God's religious rites; so let the pilgrims to Hajj or Umreh go round about them more. Anyone who voluntarily does some more good and decent deeds, God is indeed All-aware Appreciative. (The Cow: 2/158).
91. O people! Set out for the Pilgrimage in the House of God! For no one would enter the God’s House, without becoming free of needs, and rejoicing; and no one would turn away from It, without becoming poor and abolished!
92. O people! No believer shall stop at the Regions [of Arrafat-Mash'ar and Mina to fulfill the rites], unless God forgives his previous sins, but fate is that when his Pilgrimage, [Hajj], is completed, he makes a new start.
93. O people! Upon the Hajj pilgrims, the pilgrims are bestowed help, and they are compensated whatever they spend, for indeed, God does not waste away the reward of the virtuous!
O people! Journey to visit the House of God as pilgrims, with a perfect faith, and with a great grasp and knowledge! And do not ever come back from such holy Land, unless feeling quite repentance [in heart], and promising to stop committing sins:
94. O people! Perform prayer, and pay the due welfare tax, as God Almighty has ordained you to act; but if a long time has passed, and you have neglected or forgotten [them], then, Ali is your master, and he shall explain to you what to do. He is the very man that God Almighty has set up as His certain trustee after I am gone. He is from me, so am I from him.
He, as well as all those who will come to the world from my lineage, will answer to all your needs, and will let you know whatever you do not know.
95. Know that ‘the count of permissible and forbidden things’ is much more than I could reckon, and to present them to you in one single session: [but only know that] the permissible things are ordained to you, and the prohibited things are forbidden.
Therefore, I have been commanded to take your allegiance, and that you swear it with me, and shake hands with me, so that what I have declared you about Ali, the Lord of the believers, on God's behalf, and his successors who will follow him. The ones who shall be coming from my lineage, but also from the ‘Leadership’ and his lineage; this Leadership is designated alone for them; and the last ‘Leader’ will be ‘His Holiness Mahdi’, until the Day he shall meet the Lord of the Providence and Fate!
96. O people! In regard with all permissible things I have guided you to follow, and the forbidden things that I have prohibited you, there is no change at all, nor have I ever transformed them to other detail. Remember it well, keep it in your mind, and talk about this subject, and give councils to one another about it and try not to change, nor transform it!
I repeat what I have just told you: perform your prayer, and do pay the due welfare tax, encourage one another to do deeds which are good, and forbid whatever is forbidden and not good.
97. But let it be known that the greatest act of goodness is to understand deeply what I have just expressed, and to relay this to those who have not been present here today, and to invite them to accept this from me, and to forbid them to oppose or object to me! For, this is a Command coming from God Almighty, and from me; and no invitation to do good, nor any prohibition of unlawful deeds will be accomplished or done, unless with the presence of an innocent Imam!
98. O people! The Holy Qur’an makes it known to you that the Imams, who shall come after Ali, will be his progeny descendants, as I told you before, they are Ali’s or my dependants – all are from him and I. For He has put it in His Book thus: ‘He assigned the creed of Leadership among those who will follow him,’ (The Ornament: 43/28). I have also said that as long as you seize these two, ‘the Imams and the Qur’an’ you shall you go astray!
99. O people! Take care of your piety, [again] piety! And beware of the Hour of the Resurrection Day, as God Himself has said: ‘The Shaking of that awful Hour is a terrible thing’… (Pilgrimage: 22/1).
100. Do remember the Death, and the Divine Balances, and ‘Reckoning’ in the presence of the Lord of the Reward, and Punishment! Whosoever brings good deeds with him, shall receive his share of Reward, and whosoever with him brings his sins, will not have any share [to enjoy] in Paradise.”
101. “O people! You are too many to shake hands with me now! On the other hand, my Lord has commanded me to receive your oath and "word” regarding with Ali, Lord of believers, that I have declared; and about the Imams who shall come after him, as well those from my lineage and his lineage then – as I already defined it to you: they are my descendants, and are his lineage.
102. Therefore, say it altogether: ‘We did indeed hear your word and obey thus, and we are quite pleased, and shall submit us to what you have made known to us, with respect from our Lord, and from your part, about this subject of Ali, the Lord of the believers, and the Imams who will be born from his ‘Breed’. We swear allegiance with you, with our hearts, souls, tongues and our hands that we will live with this belief, and leave this world with this belief, and so will we rise on the Day of Judgement!
And we will not change it, nor will we transform it; we will not have any doubt, nor will we deny it; we will not let doubts or hesitations enter our heart, nor will we turn away from this oath, or break our covenant regarding what you have advised us with the Divine Preaching, Ali, Lord of the believers, and the Imams who will come after him; Hassan and Husseyn; and the ones whom God has appointed to come after them.
Thus, a pledge and a covenant have been taken from us, and we have done it with our hearts, souls, tongues, minds and hands. Then, one who was able, pledged by shaking hands, but if not, with his tongue. And never shall we change this oath, or God may not Witness any transformation from us...! We shall make this news from you known to all those who are [either] close to us, or far from us: to our kids and relatives; and we shall take God as our Witness! And God is Sufficient in this evidence, and you are, in this oath, our witness.’”
103. “O people, what do you say now? God indeed hears every single call, and is aware of any hidden thought going on in your minds! Thus, whosoever receives guidance, it is for his benefit, and whosoever goes astray, it is only to his deficit. (The Throngs: 39/41).
And those who swear allegiance to you, they swear allegiance to God, for God's hand rests above their hands, (The Victory: 48/10).
104. O people, now, swear allegiance with God, and swear so with me; and swear allegiance with Ali, the Lord of the believers, and do swear allegiance with Hassan and Hosseyn, as well with the Imams who will surely follow them – those who hold ceaseless commands in this world and the world to come.
God certainly destroys those who tread on their oath, but He bestows His Grace upon those who are loyal and true. Therefore, one who breaks his oath, he abuses his soul, but one who fulfills his oath with God, God bestows on him a great Reward [of His]! (The Victory: 48/10).
105. O people! Repeat what I have told you to do, and greet Ali, as a great man who is ‘The Lord of the believers’, and confess: ‘We heard and obeyed! O our Lord, so, we beg Your Forgiveness, and our return is toward You!’ (The Cow: a part of 285).
And say: “All praise is to God Who led us to this; or else, we would never have been guided if God had not led us on. Surely the messengers brought (us) the Truth.”… (The Heights: 7/43).
106. O people! The virtues of Ali, the Son of Talib, with God Almighty, Who has counted in the Holy Qur’an, are in certainly too many for me to cite them to you in this gathering! So, you should approve and confirm those who ground you of these qualities, and have the grasp of them!
107. O people! Whoever obeys God and His Messenger, and Ali, and the Imams, whom I have mentioned to you earlier, will achieve the greatest salvation! (The Coalition: 33/71).
108. O people! Those who anticipate, [being the first candidate], to swear him allegiance and to accept his Guardianship, and to greet him as the ‘Lord of the Believers’, will attain Salvation, and will dwell in the Gardens of Blessings!
109. O people! Say such a word that it satisfies God, for even if you, and all dwellers on the Earth, become unbelievers, no harm approaches God.